Thursday, April 22, 2010

Procrastination or Divine Intervention?

I need to find out if there is a Saint I can pray to for my garden. (I will google that right after I finish this post.) I have been feeling a bit of guilt for planting my seeds what I thought may had been too late. But this afternoon the clouds rolled in and while it smelled like rain, there are some wet snowflakes falling outside my window. Actually, this is the second Spring snow in the last couple of weeks so I think God is saying it is okay and those little seeds will be just fine.

With everything going on in my family, remember that I have 4 little boys, a husband and a geriatric dog, I know that those plants are not going to make it into the ground the first week of June. And with this weather? Maybe they aren't supposed to be! So I have about 5 weeks or so to get the planter boxes built and the ground ready and the final decision of where on earth to plant everything!! And that is the most difficult part...where to put my garden??? Oh, and I need to find a place with some good dirt to order. I am going to need a couple a pick-up truck loads for the boxes, to fill the retaining wall for my ferns, and to till into the back area behind the shed for my Raspberry bushes that will be coming soon.

So I am off to google the Saints!!
p.s. I have Broccoli sprouts today. Are they supposed to be fuzzy or is that mold? Hmmmm...

2 comments:

  1. and you don't even tell me you started a blog.....I'm hurt really real hurt :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, Jen. Some sprouts ARE fuzzy... if it's mold then the sprout would be brown and wilty. I have faith in you.

    PS- I have always associated St. Francis Accici (?) with gardening because his statues are almost always IN gardens.

    ReplyDelete