Thursday, September 9, 2010


This growing season is over. I noticed that the temperature this morning was 46 so I know that things are cooling off quickly. In one weekend, the air was much crisper and the breeze nearly earned a scarf around my neck as I made coffees at the Purple Moose. (I will definitely consider it this weekend.)


But before the cooler air this weekend I spent a warm afternoon in the yard. I picked some kohlrabi, some peas, onions and took one rhubarb plant down to the dirt. I also tore out some slug infested marigolds that I was tired of looking at. I still have more work to do to prepare for winter, but I got started and I always try to enjoy and blooms until they literally freeze. Then they go in the trash. I think I may have a few weeks left before I put up the planter boxes and pull everything out of the garden.


The leaves have begun to turn, the fireweed is red and the mountains are beatiful. I really want to do a hike before it snows. I think I will go take some photos of those mountains!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice new template!
    We here in the lower 48 would love pictures of fireweed and mountains.

    ReplyDelete